IAS officer killed in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: An IAS officer in Odisha was killed after being hit by a train at the railway station here with the police maintaining it was a case of suicide, but his family disputed it.
Gagan Bihari Swain, additional secretary in the Planning and Coordination department, allegedly jumped before the Puri-Howrah passenger train on Monday evening, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Railway), Sk Abdul Karim said today.
"Prima facie it appears to be a clear case of suicide. He jumped before the train when it was entering the platform, Karim said.
The driver of the train corroborated that Swain jumped before the train, he said.
Swain, a former collector of Sonepur district, was taken to the Capital Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Swain`s family members including his wife, however disputed the suicide and said that though the officer appeared to be under tension for some time, he had a strong personality and would not have done so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?