ICSE reduces examination fee for Class X and Class XII
Berhampur (Odisha): The Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations, which runs around 2000 schools across the country, has decided to reduce its examination fee for Class X and Class XII students by over 50 per cent from next year.
"We have decided to reduce examination fees from Rs 2100 to Rs 1000 this time," said CISCE chairman Jose Aikara.
"The Council had increased the examination fees as it required funds for various purposes. The Council has decided to cut the amount from next year for the benefit of students," he said on the sideline of a function here.
About 1.60 lakh students in Class X and 80,000 students in Class XII examinations had appeared last time. The number of candidates for both the examinations was expected to increase this time, he said.
He said CISCE had already introduced the common syllabus at the higher secondary level. The students would appear for the examinations in 2014 as per the common syllabus designed as per the suggestions given by experts.
The syllabus of Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Commerce had been changed as per suggestion by experts.
The government wanted that the students appear in the examination in 2014 in uniform syllabus across the country.
He, however, said CISCE would maintain its identity from others, adding a few more subjects in some courses.
"Extra courses which are relevant to the students and
will help them in the all India joint entrance examinations for the professional courses have been added," Aikara said.
He said the CISCE had made the English language subject more difficult than CBSE keeping an eye on the future examinations of the students and aspirations of the parents.
On advantages of CISCE course, he claimed it was recognised by many foreign countries, including UK and students were not required to clear the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to study abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi