Illegally built temples demolished in Cuttack
Cuttack: Cuttack district administration on Thursday demolished three more illegally constructed religious institutions in the city, taking the total number of demolitions of such structures to seven.
At least 200 more religious institutions, including temples would be grounded as the administration has launched the drive following the orders of Orissa High Court.
A 20-year-old and 40-feet high temple built illegally on government land was demolished today before completely pulling down two ashrams. The
demolition act of the Shyama Shyam temple built at over Rs 2 crore at Harihar Ghat near Kathajodi River could not complete on the day due to scorching heat. Government officials said the temple would be completely pulled down on Friday.
However, it took more than three hours for six bulldozers to partially demolish the Shyama Shyam temple which had come up on an area of 5000 square feet. Although, the temple had its existence since early 90?s, the majestic structure was inaugurated in 2002 in presence of several ministers and government officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters