Impressive drive of Odisha State Vigilance
Bhubaneswar: Stepping up its drive against corruption, Odisha State Vigilance registered as many as 402 graft cases against public servants and others during 2012.
Of the 402 cases registered by the anti-corruption wing during the year, 69 were against Class-I and 92 against Class-II Officers, vigilance sources said today.
Altogether 120 trap cases for demanding and accepting bribe and 103 cases were registered for possession of disproportionate assets, they said.
During the period, 115 public servants were suspended and six disengaged from service for their involvement in vigilance cases. Concerted efforts have been made to improve the quality and speed up our investigation.
Notwithstanding shortage of 54 investigating officers in the rank of deputy superintendent of police and inspectors, investigation of 413 criminal cases were successfully completed and accordingly charge sheets filed in the court in 401 cases against?846 accused public servants and others.
Prompt and expeditious trial of cases was another focus area during the year when 173 cases were disposed of from trial with the conviction of 81 accused public servants and others in 73 cases.
"Thus, the percentage of conviction of 46 per cent is a major achievement," a senior official said.
During 2012, 50 cases were started against corrupt public servants holding high public offices under Odisha Special Courts Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!