Incessant rains damage houses, bridges in Odisha`s Koraput
Koraput: At least 235 houses, four bridges and 10 small culverts were damaged in incessant rains that lashed Odisha`s Koraput district between July 27 and July 29.
District Emergency Officer of Koraput Rameswar Pradhan said today that Jeypore and Borigumma blocks were the worst-hit in the downpour that threw normal life out of gear.
As per preliminary assessment reports, 127 houses in Jeypore block, 107 in Borigumma and one house in Koraput block had been completely damaged, he said.
"However, we are yet to receive the crop loss report.Our field-level staff are on the job and once we get the detailed report it will be sent to the government for necessary action."
While three bridges in Borigumma block had been damaged due to the rain, in Dasmantpur block one culvert has been damaged, he said.
Due to the incessant rain, road communication between Koraput and Nabarangpur district was hit as Parli river overflowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media