Incessant rains damage houses, bridges in Odisha`s Koraput
Koraput: At least 235 houses, four bridges and 10 small culverts were damaged in incessant rains that lashed Odisha`s Koraput district between July 27 and July 29.
District Emergency Officer of Koraput Rameswar Pradhan said today that Jeypore and Borigumma blocks were the worst-hit in the downpour that threw normal life out of gear.
As per preliminary assessment reports, 127 houses in Jeypore block, 107 in Borigumma and one house in Koraput block had been completely damaged, he said.
"However, we are yet to receive the crop loss report.Our field-level staff are on the job and once we get the detailed report it will be sent to the government for necessary action."
While three bridges in Borigumma block had been damaged due to the rain, in Dasmantpur block one culvert has been damaged, he said.
Due to the incessant rain, road communication between Koraput and Nabarangpur district was hit as Parli river overflowed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference