Incessant rains damage houses, bridges in Odisha`s Koraput
Koraput: At least 235 houses, four bridges and 10 small culverts were damaged in incessant rains that lashed Odisha`s Koraput district between July 27 and July 29.
District Emergency Officer of Koraput Rameswar Pradhan said today that Jeypore and Borigumma blocks were the worst-hit in the downpour that threw normal life out of gear.
As per preliminary assessment reports, 127 houses in Jeypore block, 107 in Borigumma and one house in Koraput block had been completely damaged, he said.
"However, we are yet to receive the crop loss report.Our field-level staff are on the job and once we get the detailed report it will be sent to the government for necessary action."
While three bridges in Borigumma block had been damaged due to the rain, in Dasmantpur block one culvert has been damaged, he said.
Due to the incessant rain, road communication between Koraput and Nabarangpur district was hit as Parli river overflowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch