Indian Coast Guard launches coastal security awareness drive
Paradip: The Indian Coast Guard on Thursday launched a coastal security awareness and medical campaign to commemorate its raising day.
Odisha Governor S C Jamir flagged off a motor cycle rally marking the launch of the campaigns.
A team of 32 personnel from Indian Coast Guard, Marine Police and fishing community travelling on 16 motorcycles will cover 600 km and will pass through Chilka, Gopalpur, Puri, Konark, Kaliakhana, Paradip, an official release said.
During the campaign the team will visit fishing hamlets enroute and undertake community interaction programme. Specialised well-equipped ambulance along with doctors and para-medical staff also accompanied the campaign.
The campaign also aimed at sensitising the fishing community and integrating them into the coastal security mechanism as "EYES and EARS", the release said.
The campaign will be over on January 26 at the Coast Guard District Headquarters, Odisha, Paradip.
Coast Guard Regional Commander (North East) Inspector General KC Pande and other senior officers of ICG were present at the launch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India