Indian Coast Guard launches coastal security awareness drive
Paradip: The Indian Coast Guard on Thursday launched a coastal security awareness and medical campaign to commemorate its raising day.
Odisha Governor S C Jamir flagged off a motor cycle rally marking the launch of the campaigns.
A team of 32 personnel from Indian Coast Guard, Marine Police and fishing community travelling on 16 motorcycles will cover 600 km and will pass through Chilka, Gopalpur, Puri, Konark, Kaliakhana, Paradip, an official release said.
During the campaign the team will visit fishing hamlets enroute and undertake community interaction programme. Specialised well-equipped ambulance along with doctors and para-medical staff also accompanied the campaign.
The campaign also aimed at sensitising the fishing community and integrating them into the coastal security mechanism as "EYES and EARS", the release said.
The campaign will be over on January 26 at the Coast Guard District Headquarters, Odisha, Paradip.
Coast Guard Regional Commander (North East) Inspector General KC Pande and other senior officers of ICG were present at the launch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack