Indiscipline won’t be tolerated: Tytler to Congressmen
Bhubaneswar: Amid growing dissidence in Congress in Odisha, the party on Sunday warned that indiscipline by partymen would not be tolerated as they must unite to defeat the ruling BJD in the state.
"Nobody is above the party. Indiscipline in the party will not be tolerated at any cost," AICC`s Odisha in-charge Jagdish Tytler told reporters here.
Asking partymen to air their grievances inside the party forum, Tytler said there is a clear direction that only authorised leaders are empowered to speak outside and before the media on issues.
If senior leaders make adverse remarks to the media about leadership and fight in the open, it would benefit the ruling BJD and the Naveen Patnaik Government in the state and affect Congress, the former Union Minister said.
Tytler, who was here on a two-day visit coinciding with an emergency meeting of state party unit office bearers and district presidents, admitted that the party "witnessed factionalism in Odisha."
It has become a practice that whenever a new PCC president takes over, some people start a campaign against him, he said adding that such activities affect the interests of the party instead of strengthening it.
Backing the PCC President Niranjan Patnaik, Tytler said the PCC chief alone should not be blamed for the defeat of party candidates in panchayat and other elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly