Infant, parents killed for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: The police on Wednesday recovered the bodies of a 12-day-old boy and his parents who were killed on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at a village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district.
Three persons of the same Kadalia village under Koida police station were arrested in connection with the killings that occurred on Sunday night, SDPO Amaresh Panda said.
The incident came to light when the villagers found Kartik Munda (32), his wife Mithili (28) and their 12-day-old son missing and informed the police, he said.
The three were sleeping in their house when they were beaten to death. Police seized from the spot a bloodstained crowbar and two sticks used in the crime.
The assailants had dragged the bodies to a distance and then used a vehicle to dump them in a deserted spot in a forested area about 30 km from the village, the SDPO said.
The bodies were recovered from there.
Three persons, including Kartik`s immediate neighbour Pavan Munda, were arrested for killing the three suspecting that they practised witchcraft which caused death of two persons of his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you