Infant, parents killed for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: The police on Wednesday recovered the bodies of a 12-day-old boy and his parents who were killed on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at a village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district.
Three persons of the same Kadalia village under Koida police station were arrested in connection with the killings that occurred on Sunday night, SDPO Amaresh Panda said.
The incident came to light when the villagers found Kartik Munda (32), his wife Mithili (28) and their 12-day-old son missing and informed the police, he said.
The three were sleeping in their house when they were beaten to death. Police seized from the spot a bloodstained crowbar and two sticks used in the crime.
The assailants had dragged the bodies to a distance and then used a vehicle to dump them in a deserted spot in a forested area about 30 km from the village, the SDPO said.
The bodies were recovered from there.
Three persons, including Kartik`s immediate neighbour Pavan Munda, were arrested for killing the three suspecting that they practised witchcraft which caused death of two persons of his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary