Infant, parents killed for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: The police on Wednesday recovered the bodies of a 12-day-old boy and his parents who were killed on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at a village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district.
Three persons of the same Kadalia village under Koida police station were arrested in connection with the killings that occurred on Sunday night, SDPO Amaresh Panda said.
The incident came to light when the villagers found Kartik Munda (32), his wife Mithili (28) and their 12-day-old son missing and informed the police, he said.
The three were sleeping in their house when they were beaten to death. Police seized from the spot a bloodstained crowbar and two sticks used in the crime.
The assailants had dragged the bodies to a distance and then used a vehicle to dump them in a deserted spot in a forested area about 30 km from the village, the SDPO said.
The bodies were recovered from there.
Three persons, including Kartik`s immediate neighbour Pavan Munda, were arrested for killing the three suspecting that they practised witchcraft which caused death of two persons of his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened