Infant, parents killed for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: The police on Wednesday recovered the bodies of a 12-day-old boy and his parents who were killed on the suspicion of practising witchcraft at a village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district.
Three persons of the same Kadalia village under Koida police station were arrested in connection with the killings that occurred on Sunday night, SDPO Amaresh Panda said.
The incident came to light when the villagers found Kartik Munda (32), his wife Mithili (28) and their 12-day-old son missing and informed the police, he said.
The three were sleeping in their house when they were beaten to death. Police seized from the spot a bloodstained crowbar and two sticks used in the crime.
The assailants had dragged the bodies to a distance and then used a vehicle to dump them in a deserted spot in a forested area about 30 km from the village, the SDPO said.
The bodies were recovered from there.
Three persons, including Kartik`s immediate neighbour Pavan Munda, were arrested for killing the three suspecting that they practised witchcraft which caused death of two persons of his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing