INS Airavat in Orissa to tackle flood situation
Visakhapatnam (AP): The Eastern Naval
Command based here has dispatched a Landing Ship Tank (Large)
for relief operations along Mahanadi river on the request of
The ship INS Airavat, with a Chetak helicopter on its
board, is also carrying three diving teams along with rescue
equipment and medical supplies to tackle the situation, a
defence release said today.
The ship will be joined further by divers and two more
boats from the Naval officer-in-charge-Orissa, it said.
According to the release, INS Airavat is scheduled to
reach Paradip tomorrow morning and will coordinate with the
Disaster Management Authority of Orissa in the relief
operations in the seven districts affected by floods following
incessant rains and discharge from Hirakund reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh