INS Airavat in Orissa to tackle flood situation
Visakhapatnam (AP): The Eastern Naval
Command based here has dispatched a Landing Ship Tank (Large)
for relief operations along Mahanadi river on the request of
The ship INS Airavat, with a Chetak helicopter on its
board, is also carrying three diving teams along with rescue
equipment and medical supplies to tackle the situation, a
defence release said today.
The ship will be joined further by divers and two more
boats from the Naval officer-in-charge-Orissa, it said.
According to the release, INS Airavat is scheduled to
reach Paradip tomorrow morning and will coordinate with the
Disaster Management Authority of Orissa in the relief
operations in the seven districts affected by floods following
incessant rains and discharge from Hirakund reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’