Investors can file petitions in commission: Justice Patra
Bhubaneswar: A day after the Odisha government naming Justice RK Patra as head of the commission of inquiry to probe into chit fund scam, the former Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court on Wednesday said he would try his best to protect interest of the investors.
"I will also try to identify politicians or bureaucrats, if any, involved in this illegal activities. This is part of the term and reference of the commission of inquiry," Justice Patra said.
Justice Patra also said that the commission would make suggestions to make arrangements in order to ensure safety of depositors` money in future.
Asked when the investors can file affidavits, Justice Patra said the work would start as soon as the state government provided required infrastructure.
He said police, politicians and people from all sections of the society can file affidavits before the commission.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had announced name of Justice Patra yesterday after the Orissa High Court informed the state government that no sitting judge could be spared to head the commission of inquiry.
The government has also decided to open cells in every district in the office of the superintendents of police (SP). "SPs have been directed to meet complaints on regular basis," he said.
The commission will be asked to submit its report in three-months time, the state government said, adding that it would inquire into the activities of ponzi companies including Saradha, Seashore, Artha Tatwa and others.
Meanwhile, the commissionrate of police has submitted its chargesheet against the Artha Tatwa Group which allegedly duped investors of several crores. At least seven persons including AT Group`s chairman Pradip Sethi has been named in the chargesheet, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre