Italian Ambassador thanks Naveen for govt efforts
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo
Sanfelice di Monte forte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for
its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far
and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case
of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy,"
Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the
anxiety of Bosusco`s family and friends, Italian
administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco`s family and how
eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and
unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about
the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by
Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was
freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH