Italian Ambassador thanks Naveen for govt efforts
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo
Sanfelice di Monte forte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for
its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far
and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case
of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy,"
Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the
anxiety of Bosusco`s family and friends, Italian
administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco`s family and how
eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and
unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about
the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by
Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was
freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog