Italian Ambassador thanks Naveen for govt efforts
Bhubaneswar: Italian Ambassador Giacomo
Sanfelice di Monte forte on Thursday thanked Odisha government for
its efforts to resolve the hostage crisis.
"I thank the chief minister for the support granted so far
and liberation of Claudio Colangelo. I told him how this case
of abduction of Paolo Bosusco is closely followed in Italy,"
Monteforte told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen
The ambassador said he also informed Patnaik about the
anxiety of Bosusco`s family and friends, Italian
administration and the foreign ministry over the issue.
"I also reiterated the anxiety of Bosusco`s family and how
eager they are to see that he is released soon, safe and
unharmed," he said.
Monteforte said the chief minister had informed him about
the developments over the negotiations.
Bosusco (54) was abducted along with Colangelo (61) by
Maoists on March 14 in Kandhamal district. While Colangelo was
freed on March 25, Bosusco continues to be in the captivity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read