Italian hostage release: Krishna thanks Odisha CM
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna on Thursday thanked Odisha Chief Minister for personal
intervention in getting the Italian hostages released.
Krishna thanked the Chief Minister within hours of the
release of Italian hostage Paolo Bosusco, a Puri-based tour
operator, who was abducted by Maoists along with compatriot
Colangelo on March 14 while trekking in the forests in
Kandhamal district of Odisha.
While Colangelo was released on March 25, Bosusco was
released today after 29 days in captivity.
"It is a very good development for enhancing the image of
India as a safe and peaceful country," Krishna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest