Italian hostage release: Krishna thanks Odisha CM
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna on Thursday thanked Odisha Chief Minister for personal
intervention in getting the Italian hostages released.
Krishna thanked the Chief Minister within hours of the
release of Italian hostage Paolo Bosusco, a Puri-based tour
operator, who was abducted by Maoists along with compatriot
Colangelo on March 14 while trekking in the forests in
Kandhamal district of Odisha.
While Colangelo was released on March 25, Bosusco was
released today after 29 days in captivity.
"It is a very good development for enhancing the image of
India as a safe and peaceful country," Krishna said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met