Italian hostage release: Krishna thanks Odisha CM
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna on Thursday thanked Odisha Chief Minister for personal
intervention in getting the Italian hostages released.
Krishna thanked the Chief Minister within hours of the
release of Italian hostage Paolo Bosusco, a Puri-based tour
operator, who was abducted by Maoists along with compatriot
Colangelo on March 14 while trekking in the forests in
Kandhamal district of Odisha.
While Colangelo was released on March 25, Bosusco was
released today after 29 days in captivity.
"It is a very good development for enhancing the image of
India as a safe and peaceful country," Krishna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!