Jagannath Temple to punish employees who smoke
Bhubaneswar: To ensure cleanliness in the 12th century shrine at Puri, Sri Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) has decided to punish its employees found smoking or chewing tobacco inside the complex.
"The employees found violating the rule will have to forgo a day`s salary," a notification issued by SJTA yesterday said.
The new chief administrator Arabinda Padhee said the temple must be clean. During inspection he found people spitting at different places in the temple premises.
"Padhee was informed that the employees of SJTA created all nuisance in the temple. The devotees hardly spit in temple premises," an official said.
Though there was a standing instruction to punish persons spitting inside the temple, it could hardly be implemented as employees were involved. Earlier, the provision of Rs 100 penalty could not stop the practice, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday