Jhina Hikaka avoids speaking about `praja` court
Bhubaneswar: Freed from Maoist captivity, Odisha MLA Jhina Hikaka on Thursday avoided speaking about what took place at the `praja` (people`s) court where he was produced before his release.
"They (Maoists) organised the praja court in their own style. There was discussion on different issues. They did not put pressure on me. Whatever happened there was done mutually," he told reporters after reaching his residence at Laxmipur in Koraput district.
Asked if he would resign from the membership of the assembly and quit BJD as claimed by woman Maoist leader Aruna in an audio tape released yesterday, Hikaka said, "You will know everything later."
Asked categorically whether he put in his papers, he said a praja court was not a platform to resign.
"You will be able to know everything. Please do not ask me anything in this regard as I am mentally disturbed," he said.
Assembly Speaker Pradip Kumar Amat said "I have not received any resignation letter from the MLA."
The Andhra-Odisha Border Special Zonal Committee of the CPI (Maoist) which abducted the MLA on March 24, had however, claimed that Hikaka gave a written undertaking at the praja court that he would resign from the Assembly and from the BJD and work for the people.
The MLA said his release was the outcome of support from the tribals and media coupled with his own efforts.
"I specially thank media persons who have been working day in and out since my abduction," he said.
The MLA said that he had been worried about the people of Laxmipur and his family during the 33 days he was held captive.
Hikaka said that he was treated well and provided medicines as required. "I am in good health. I was moved from place to place thrice."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened