Jilted lover bites off bride`s tongue in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Angry over the marriage of the woman he loved, a man bit off her tongue in Odisha`s Ganjam district minutes before her wedding with another man, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Monday near Bhanjanagar town, about 150 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, when the family members were purchasing some wedding items leaving the 30-year-old bride in a multi-utility vehicle, Police Inspector Ajaya Barik told a news agency.
The police officer said 35-year-old Sukanta Swain got into the vehicle and forcibly kissed the bride. He also bit off her tongue and tried to take her away, the police officer said.
However, the passersby came to the woman`s rescue and overpowered the man. Police reached the site and arrested him.
The wedding of the woman was performed later in the night after doctors in a brief surgery re-attached the piece of her tongue and provided her necessary treatment at a hospital, he said.
The bride and her attacker belonged to nearby Jilibha village. The man is already married and has two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption