JK Mohapatra new Chief Secretary of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Saturday appointed 1979 batch IAS officer Jugal Kishore Mohapatra as the next Chief Secretary.
Mohapatra takes over from BK Patnaik who is retiring from service tomorrow, according to a notification issued by general administration department here.
This apart, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik also approved a proposal to elevate four other senior IAS officers of 1983 batch to the rank of Chief Secretary. They are: Tara Dutta, Aditya Prasad Padhi, UN Behera and I Srinivas.
While Mohapatra will be Chief Secretary, Urban Development Secretary I Srinivas, who was promoted to the rank of Chief Secretary, will be the new Development Commissioner- cum-Additional Chief Secretary, the notification said.
Sources said Mohapatra will assume the new assignment on July 1.
While Padhi has been appointed as Additional Chief Secretary to the Chief Minister, his batchment U N Behera, who is currently the Secretary (Home), will get additional charge of Additional Chief Secretary (Finance).
Tara Dutta will be Chief Administrator (KBK) besides his present posting as Secretary (Revenue) and Disaster Management.
PR Shah, the chief administrator of KBK, has been posted as a member of the Board of Revenue.
As part of the reshuffle, Ashok Tripathy will be the new Director General of Gopabandhu Academy of Administration while SP Thakur was given additional charge of Principal Secretary (Tourism) besides his Excise department.
Santosh Sarangi, who is currently the Commissioner- cum-Secretary (ST & SC Development), will get additional charge of Culture department.
In another notification, the outgoing chief secretary BK Patnaik has been appointed as Chairman of Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender