JMM files FIR against officials involved in statue demolition
Baripada (Odisha): Even as the district administration of Mayurbhanj district of Odisha promised to install the statue of BR Ambedkar before his birth anniversary on April 14, the JMM today filed a FIR at the police station demanding action against officials involved in the demolition act.
JMM Mayurbhanj district unit Bhadav Hansda in his FIR named Executive Officer of Baripada Municipality Prakash Chandra Das, Tahasildar Biswanath Nayak, Special Town Planning Officer V Satyanarayan Reddy, Executive Engineer Rural Development Satyanarayan Behera as the persons instrumental in demolition of Ambedkar`s statue during an eviction drive.
The JMM alleged that these officials threatened local people and allegedly passed derogatory remarks against the illustrious personality.
Hansda urged the police take stringent action against the culprits for publicly exhibiting disrespect to Ambedkar and hurting the sentiments of the people. The police is yet to register a case on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday