JMM files FIR against officials involved in statue demolition
Baripada (Odisha): Even as the district administration of Mayurbhanj district of Odisha promised to install the statue of BR Ambedkar before his birth anniversary on April 14, the JMM today filed a FIR at the police station demanding action against officials involved in the demolition act.
JMM Mayurbhanj district unit Bhadav Hansda in his FIR named Executive Officer of Baripada Municipality Prakash Chandra Das, Tahasildar Biswanath Nayak, Special Town Planning Officer V Satyanarayan Reddy, Executive Engineer Rural Development Satyanarayan Behera as the persons instrumental in demolition of Ambedkar`s statue during an eviction drive.
The JMM alleged that these officials threatened local people and allegedly passed derogatory remarks against the illustrious personality.
Hansda urged the police take stringent action against the culprits for publicly exhibiting disrespect to Ambedkar and hurting the sentiments of the people. The police is yet to register a case on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’