Judicial Magistrate complains police assault
Rourkela (Orissa): The first Class
Judicial Magistrate of Panposh, Arun Kumar Patnaik has
complained that he was forcefully taken to police station,
abused and physically assaulted by the police of Uditnagar
According to official sources, the state government
has ordered Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) level
inquiry into the incident.
RDC, Sambalpur will investigate into it and report to
the government, sources said.
Patnaik in an FIR filed before the police said
patrolling police led by Inspector Sadanand Pujari forcefully
took him to the police station, abused and physically
assaulted on Saturday.
Rourkela Bar Association has protested the incident of
mis-behaviour and physical assault on a judicial magistrate
and today resorted to boycott the court work.
The Bar Association led by Ramesh Bal, its president
today blocked the main road in front of the court demanding
action against police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what