Judicial Magistrate complains police assault
Rourkela (Orissa): The first Class
Judicial Magistrate of Panposh, Arun Kumar Patnaik has
complained that he was forcefully taken to police station,
abused and physically assaulted by the police of Uditnagar
According to official sources, the state government
has ordered Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) level
inquiry into the incident.
RDC, Sambalpur will investigate into it and report to
the government, sources said.
Patnaik in an FIR filed before the police said
patrolling police led by Inspector Sadanand Pujari forcefully
took him to the police station, abused and physically
assaulted on Saturday.
Rourkela Bar Association has protested the incident of
mis-behaviour and physical assault on a judicial magistrate
and today resorted to boycott the court work.
The Bar Association led by Ramesh Bal, its president
today blocked the main road in front of the court demanding
action against police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read