Judicial Magistrate complains police assault
Rourkela (Orissa): The first Class
Judicial Magistrate of Panposh, Arun Kumar Patnaik has
complained that he was forcefully taken to police station,
abused and physically assaulted by the police of Uditnagar
According to official sources, the state government
has ordered Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) level
inquiry into the incident.
RDC, Sambalpur will investigate into it and report to
the government, sources said.
Patnaik in an FIR filed before the police said
patrolling police led by Inspector Sadanand Pujari forcefully
took him to the police station, abused and physically
assaulted on Saturday.
Rourkela Bar Association has protested the incident of
mis-behaviour and physical assault on a judicial magistrate
and today resorted to boycott the court work.
The Bar Association led by Ramesh Bal, its president
today blocked the main road in front of the court demanding
action against police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department