Judicial Magistrate complains police assault
Rourkela (Orissa): The first Class
Judicial Magistrate of Panposh, Arun Kumar Patnaik has
complained that he was forcefully taken to police station,
abused and physically assaulted by the police of Uditnagar
According to official sources, the state government
has ordered Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) level
inquiry into the incident.
RDC, Sambalpur will investigate into it and report to
the government, sources said.
Patnaik in an FIR filed before the police said
patrolling police led by Inspector Sadanand Pujari forcefully
took him to the police station, abused and physically
assaulted on Saturday.
Rourkela Bar Association has protested the incident of
mis-behaviour and physical assault on a judicial magistrate
and today resorted to boycott the court work.
The Bar Association led by Ramesh Bal, its president
today blocked the main road in front of the court demanding
action against police officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city