Judicial probe into Odisha hooch tragedy begins
Cuttack: Judicial probe into the recent hooch tragedy that struck several villages in Cuttack and Khurda districts of Odisha has started even as the death toll
in it mounted to 35, official sources said on Sunday.
The toll increased when Kailash Chandra Bhoi(40) of Cuttack Sadar, who under treatment at SCB Medical College and Hospital, died in the early hours of Saturday, its emergency officer BN Maharana said.
The judicial probe, ordered by the state government,
began during the day with Justice AS Naidu, a former judge of
Orissa High Court who is also heading the one-man judicial
commission into the Rourkela police-judicial officer scuffle,
visiting SCB Hospital and holding discussions with the
superintendent and doctors attending the liquor tragedy
Documents relating to the treatment and post mortem
reports of the deceased were perused. Soon there will be
notifications for inviting affidavits in the matter,? Naidu
Cuttack collector Girish SN and city DCP S Praveen
Kumar were also present during Naidu’s visit to the hospital,
which has released over 80 people admitted with symptoms of
sickness after drinking the spurious liquor earlier this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!