Judicial probe into Odisha hooch tragedy begins
Cuttack: Judicial probe into the recent hooch tragedy that struck several villages in Cuttack and Khurda districts of Odisha has started even as the death toll
in it mounted to 35, official sources said on Sunday.
The toll increased when Kailash Chandra Bhoi(40) of Cuttack Sadar, who under treatment at SCB Medical College and Hospital, died in the early hours of Saturday, its emergency officer BN Maharana said.
The judicial probe, ordered by the state government,
began during the day with Justice AS Naidu, a former judge of
Orissa High Court who is also heading the one-man judicial
commission into the Rourkela police-judicial officer scuffle,
visiting SCB Hospital and holding discussions with the
superintendent and doctors attending the liquor tragedy
Documents relating to the treatment and post mortem
reports of the deceased were perused. Soon there will be
notifications for inviting affidavits in the matter,? Naidu
Cuttack collector Girish SN and city DCP S Praveen
Kumar were also present during Naidu’s visit to the hospital,
which has released over 80 people admitted with symptoms of
sickness after drinking the spurious liquor earlier this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation