Jugal Kishore Mohapatra is Odisha`s new chief secretary
Bhubaneswar: Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Jugal Kishore Mohapatra has been appointed as Odisha`s new chief secretary, an official said Sunday.
Mohapatra, a 1979 batch IAS officer, who was serving as the state`s development commissioner, succeeds Bijay Kumar Patnaik who retires June 30. Mohapatra, 57, is scheduled to take charge July 1.
After his retirement, Patnaik would serve as the chairman of Odisha`s Staff Selection Commission which carries out recruitment and select candidates for different state government posts.
The government has also effected a reshuffle at the senior level of state bureaucracy, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside