Jugal Kishore Mohapatra is Odisha`s new chief secretary
Bhubaneswar: Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Jugal Kishore Mohapatra has been appointed as Odisha`s new chief secretary, an official said Sunday.
Mohapatra, a 1979 batch IAS officer, who was serving as the state`s development commissioner, succeeds Bijay Kumar Patnaik who retires June 30. Mohapatra, 57, is scheduled to take charge July 1.
After his retirement, Patnaik would serve as the chairman of Odisha`s Staff Selection Commission which carries out recruitment and select candidates for different state government posts.
The government has also effected a reshuffle at the senior level of state bureaucracy, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!