Justice Amitava Roy sworn in a Chief Justice of Orissa HC
Cuttack: Justice Amitava Roy was today sworn in as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court. Odisha Governor S C Jamir administered the oath of office to the new Chief Justice in presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
With the appointment of the Chief Justice, the number of judges in the High Court increased to 20. Prior to his present assignment, Justice Roy was officiating as Chief Justice of Rajasthan.
All the judges of Orissa high Court, former judges, members of the bar, including Advocate General Ashok K Mohanty were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
Earlier Chief Secretary G C Pati read the Presidential Warrant of Appointment. Home Secretary U N Behera, state DGP Sanjib Marik, police commissioner R P Sharma were among others present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement