Justice Nagappan sworn in a new Chief Justice of Orissa
Cuttack: Justice Chokalingam Nagappan was sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on Wednesday.
Justice Nagappan was administered oath by Odisha Governor M C Bhandare at a ceremony at the court premises here in the presence of a host of dignitaries.
Prior to his present assignment, Justice Nagappan was a senior judge of Madras High Court.
The post of Orissa high court Chief Justice was lying vacant since December when the then incumbent Justice V Gopala Gowda was elevated to the bench of the Supreme Court.
Senior judge of the High Court Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was officiating as the acting Chief Justice of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!