Justice Nagappan sworn in a new Chief Justice of Orissa
Cuttack: Justice Chokalingam Nagappan was sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on Wednesday.
Justice Nagappan was administered oath by Odisha Governor M C Bhandare at a ceremony at the court premises here in the presence of a host of dignitaries.
Prior to his present assignment, Justice Nagappan was a senior judge of Madras High Court.
The post of Orissa high court Chief Justice was lying vacant since December when the then incumbent Justice V Gopala Gowda was elevated to the bench of the Supreme Court.
Senior judge of the High Court Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was officiating as the acting Chief Justice of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state