Justice Nagappan sworn in a new Chief Justice of Orissa
Cuttack: Justice Chokalingam Nagappan was sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on Wednesday.
Justice Nagappan was administered oath by Odisha Governor M C Bhandare at a ceremony at the court premises here in the presence of a host of dignitaries.
Prior to his present assignment, Justice Nagappan was a senior judge of Madras High Court.
The post of Orissa high court Chief Justice was lying vacant since December when the then incumbent Justice V Gopala Gowda was elevated to the bench of the Supreme Court.
Senior judge of the High Court Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was officiating as the acting Chief Justice of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown