Justice Nagappan sworn in a new Chief Justice of Orissa
Cuttack: Justice Chokalingam Nagappan was sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on Wednesday.
Justice Nagappan was administered oath by Odisha Governor M C Bhandare at a ceremony at the court premises here in the presence of a host of dignitaries.
Prior to his present assignment, Justice Nagappan was a senior judge of Madras High Court.
The post of Orissa high court Chief Justice was lying vacant since December when the then incumbent Justice V Gopala Gowda was elevated to the bench of the Supreme Court.
Senior judge of the High Court Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was officiating as the acting Chief Justice of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'