Justice Nagappan sworn in a new Chief Justice of Orissa
Cuttack: Justice Chokalingam Nagappan was sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court here on Wednesday.
Justice Nagappan was administered oath by Odisha Governor M C Bhandare at a ceremony at the court premises here in the presence of a host of dignitaries.
Prior to his present assignment, Justice Nagappan was a senior judge of Madras High Court.
The post of Orissa high court Chief Justice was lying vacant since December when the then incumbent Justice V Gopala Gowda was elevated to the bench of the Supreme Court.
Senior judge of the High Court Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was officiating as the acting Chief Justice of the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium