Kandhamal: Nun only had swelling on face, says Doctor
Cuttack: A doctor who first treated the
nun of the Baliguda Catholic Church after she was allegedly
assaulted and raped during the Kandhamal riots in 2008, today
told the court here that she had only complained of a swelling
on her face.
"I only treated the swelling on her face and she did
not complain of anything else," Dr Chotray Marandia of
Baliguda told the court when was asked by defence lawyers
whether the nun had other injuries on her body.
The then local BDO B B Mishra in his deposition
said that he accompanied the priest and the nun of the church
to the local police station for filing the complaints about
the attacks on them by the mob.
Another witness, Yasobant Pradhan, a school teacher of
the locality recognised Mitu Patnaik from among the nine
The prosecution today filed a time petition before the
court seeking at least a month`s time for the nun to appear
Stating that she was indisposed and could not appear
to record her statement, the government counsel asked for some
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'