Kandhamal: Nun only had swelling on face, says Doctor
Cuttack: A doctor who first treated the
nun of the Baliguda Catholic Church after she was allegedly
assaulted and raped during the Kandhamal riots in 2008, today
told the court here that she had only complained of a swelling
on her face.
"I only treated the swelling on her face and she did
not complain of anything else," Dr Chotray Marandia of
Baliguda told the court when was asked by defence lawyers
whether the nun had other injuries on her body.
The then local BDO B B Mishra in his deposition
said that he accompanied the priest and the nun of the church
to the local police station for filing the complaints about
the attacks on them by the mob.
Another witness, Yasobant Pradhan, a school teacher of
the locality recognised Mitu Patnaik from among the nine
The prosecution today filed a time petition before the
court seeking at least a month`s time for the nun to appear
Stating that she was indisposed and could not appear
to record her statement, the government counsel asked for some
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'