Kandhamal: Nun rape case trial adjourned to January 10
Cuttack: A court here hearing the
sensational Kandhamal nun rape case on Wednesday adjourned the
hearing to January 10.
Judge B K Mishra adjourned the trial of the case to
Today the cross examination of the then Baliguda police
station in-charge K N Rao, who was investigating officer of
the case till the crime branch took over the case in October
2008 was completed.
Rao was cross examined by the defence counsels for
almost three days during which he has reportedly told the
court about all the details pertaining to registration of FIR,
sending the victim for medical examination and seizure of
wearing apparels of the victim.
Till date, the trial court has already recorded
statements of 27 witnesses.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord