Kandhamal riots: Nun identifies one person during identification parade
Cuttack: The Catholic nun, who was allegedly raped during the communal riots in Orissa`s Kandhamal district in 2008, on Saturday identified one person during an identification parade at the Choudwar jail here, officials said today.
The nun was able to identify one person who was among the mob which attacked the Baliguda church in the district on August 25, 2008, they said, adding Thomas Chellan, a priest, who was present when the nun was raped, identified three persons.
This is the third time the nun took part in the parade.
She had identified two persons at the first parade and seven in the second held in January and June 2009 respectively.
The test identification parade was supervised by Cuttack Sadar Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM).
The riots occurred in Kandhamal district in the aftermath of the killing of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati at the Jalespata Ashram on August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'