Kandhamal riots: Nun identifies one person during identification parade
Cuttack: The Catholic nun, who was allegedly raped during the communal riots in Orissa`s Kandhamal district in 2008, on Saturday identified one person during an identification parade at the Choudwar jail here, officials said today.
The nun was able to identify one person who was among the mob which attacked the Baliguda church in the district on August 25, 2008, they said, adding Thomas Chellan, a priest, who was present when the nun was raped, identified three persons.
This is the third time the nun took part in the parade.
She had identified two persons at the first parade and seven in the second held in January and June 2009 respectively.
The test identification parade was supervised by Cuttack Sadar Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM).
The riots occurred in Kandhamal district in the aftermath of the killing of VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati at the Jalespata Ashram on August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das