Kandhamal riots: Orissa HC refuses to grant bail to BJP MLA
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court on Wednesday refused to grant bail to BJP MLA Manoj Pradhan, convicted for his involvement in a murder case during the Kandhamal riots two years back.
Directing that the matter could be listed after puja vacations the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija refused to grant bail now to the legislator of G Udaygiri assembly constituency in Kandhamal.
Pradhan, now lodged in Phulbani Jail, was convicted under Section 304 of IPC by a fast track court earlier this month for his involvement in a murder case during the Kandhmal riots in August 2008.
Challenging the verdict of the lower court, Pradhan had approached the High Court in an appeal and had also moved a bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss