Kandhamal riots: Orissa HC refuses to grant bail to BJP MLA
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court on Wednesday refused to grant bail to BJP MLA Manoj Pradhan, convicted for his involvement in a murder case during the Kandhamal riots two years back.
Directing that the matter could be listed after puja vacations the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija refused to grant bail now to the legislator of G Udaygiri assembly constituency in Kandhamal.
Pradhan, now lodged in Phulbani Jail, was convicted under Section 304 of IPC by a fast track court earlier this month for his involvement in a murder case during the Kandhmal riots in August 2008.
Challenging the verdict of the lower court, Pradhan had approached the High Court in an appeal and had also moved a bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5