Kandhmal officer receives threat call
Phulbani: The newly appointed project director of the District Rural Development Agency (RDDA), Kandhamal, has received a threat call from unidentified miscreants who demanded Rs 2 lakh, police said Wednesday.
Sailendra Diwedi, in an FIR at the Phulbani town police station, said he received a call on his mobile phone last night at around 10 pm.
"The caller identified himself as Maoist leader Sabyachi Panda and demanded Rs 2 lakh," Diwedi said.
The caller also told the officer that a person will reach him soon to whom he has to hand over the demanded amount. "If I fail to do so, then it may create great problem," Diwedi mentioned in the FIR.
Diwedi has been staying at Circuit house since his joining last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL