Kandhmal officer receives threat call
Phulbani: The newly appointed project director of the District Rural Development Agency (RDDA), Kandhamal, has received a threat call from unidentified miscreants who demanded Rs 2 lakh, police said Wednesday.
Sailendra Diwedi, in an FIR at the Phulbani town police station, said he received a call on his mobile phone last night at around 10 pm.
"The caller identified himself as Maoist leader Sabyachi Panda and demanded Rs 2 lakh," Diwedi said.
The caller also told the officer that a person will reach him soon to whom he has to hand over the demanded amount. "If I fail to do so, then it may create great problem," Diwedi mentioned in the FIR.
Diwedi has been staying at Circuit house since his joining last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi