Kandhmal officer receives threat call
Phulbani: The newly appointed project director of the District Rural Development Agency (RDDA), Kandhamal, has received a threat call from unidentified miscreants who demanded Rs 2 lakh, police said Wednesday.
Sailendra Diwedi, in an FIR at the Phulbani town police station, said he received a call on his mobile phone last night at around 10 pm.
"The caller identified himself as Maoist leader Sabyachi Panda and demanded Rs 2 lakh," Diwedi said.
The caller also told the officer that a person will reach him soon to whom he has to hand over the demanded amount. "If I fail to do so, then it may create great problem," Diwedi mentioned in the FIR.
Diwedi has been staying at Circuit house since his joining last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal