Kandhmal officer receives threat call
Phulbani: The newly appointed project director of the District Rural Development Agency (RDDA), Kandhamal, has received a threat call from unidentified miscreants who demanded Rs 2 lakh, police said Wednesday.
Sailendra Diwedi, in an FIR at the Phulbani town police station, said he received a call on his mobile phone last night at around 10 pm.
"The caller identified himself as Maoist leader Sabyachi Panda and demanded Rs 2 lakh," Diwedi said.
The caller also told the officer that a person will reach him soon to whom he has to hand over the demanded amount. "If I fail to do so, then it may create great problem," Diwedi mentioned in the FIR.
Diwedi has been staying at Circuit house since his joining last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?