Kandhmal officer receives threat call
Phulbani: The newly appointed project director of the District Rural Development Agency (RDDA), Kandhamal, has received a threat call from unidentified miscreants who demanded Rs 2 lakh, police said Wednesday.
Sailendra Diwedi, in an FIR at the Phulbani town police station, said he received a call on his mobile phone last night at around 10 pm.
"The caller identified himself as Maoist leader Sabyachi Panda and demanded Rs 2 lakh," Diwedi said.
The caller also told the officer that a person will reach him soon to whom he has to hand over the demanded amount. "If I fail to do so, then it may create great problem," Diwedi mentioned in the FIR.
Diwedi has been staying at Circuit house since his joining last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam