Kendu leaves seized from passenger train in orissa
Rourkela, Orissa: Huge quantity of Kendu leaves were seized by a joint squad of government railway police (GRP) and forest officials from Titilagarh-Howrah Ispat Express at Rourkela Railway station here, the police said Thursday.
GRP sources today said, a joint raid was conducted in the train and as many as 219 bundles, weighing about 50 quintals of Kendu leaves kept in the train toilets were seized
The leaves needed to make bidis were loaded at Bagdihi railway station for transportation to West Bengal.
No arrest has been made and the Kendu leaves were handed over to the forest department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred