Kendu leaves seized from passenger train in orissa
Rourkela, Orissa: Huge quantity of Kendu leaves were seized by a joint squad of government railway police (GRP) and forest officials from Titilagarh-Howrah Ispat Express at Rourkela Railway station here, the police said Thursday.
GRP sources today said, a joint raid was conducted in the train and as many as 219 bundles, weighing about 50 quintals of Kendu leaves kept in the train toilets were seized
The leaves needed to make bidis were loaded at Bagdihi railway station for transportation to West Bengal.
No arrest has been made and the Kendu leaves were handed over to the forest department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC