Kendu leaves seized from passenger train in orissa
Rourkela, Orissa: Huge quantity of Kendu leaves were seized by a joint squad of government railway police (GRP) and forest officials from Titilagarh-Howrah Ispat Express at Rourkela Railway station here, the police said Thursday.
GRP sources today said, a joint raid was conducted in the train and as many as 219 bundles, weighing about 50 quintals of Kendu leaves kept in the train toilets were seized
The leaves needed to make bidis were loaded at Bagdihi railway station for transportation to West Bengal.
No arrest has been made and the Kendu leaves were handed over to the forest department, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish