Khandapada rape victim critical in Cuttack hospital
Cuttack: The condition of a minor tribal girl raped and stabbed in the throat on August 20 in Odisha`s Nayagarh district was reported to be critical.
Doctors treating the victim at the SCB Medical College Hospital here said that she was in a semi-conscious state after surgery and unable to speak because of the injury to the throat.
She was shifted to the hospital here on August 22 from the Capital Hospital at Bhubaneswar after her condition deteriorated.
The 16-year-old tribal girl was raped at her home village of Kandhamirigi in Khandapada police station area and family members found her lying in a pool of blood due the stab wound in her throat, at a deserted place, police sources said.
The incident has triggered public outcry across the state.
After the Pipili gang-rape and murder at Puri district in November 2012, back-to-back similar incidents were reported from Konark, Mahakalpada and Salia Sahi in Bhubaneswar and now at Khandapada.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan