Khandapada rape victim critical in Cuttack hospital
Cuttack: The condition of a minor tribal girl raped and stabbed in the throat on August 20 in Odisha`s Nayagarh district was reported to be critical.
Doctors treating the victim at the SCB Medical College Hospital here said that she was in a semi-conscious state after surgery and unable to speak because of the injury to the throat.
She was shifted to the hospital here on August 22 from the Capital Hospital at Bhubaneswar after her condition deteriorated.
The 16-year-old tribal girl was raped at her home village of Kandhamirigi in Khandapada police station area and family members found her lying in a pool of blood due the stab wound in her throat, at a deserted place, police sources said.
The incident has triggered public outcry across the state.
After the Pipili gang-rape and murder at Puri district in November 2012, back-to-back similar incidents were reported from Konark, Mahakalpada and Salia Sahi in Bhubaneswar and now at Khandapada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family