Khandapada rape victim critical in Cuttack hospital
Cuttack: The condition of a minor tribal girl raped and stabbed in the throat on August 20 in Odisha`s Nayagarh district was reported to be critical.
Doctors treating the victim at the SCB Medical College Hospital here said that she was in a semi-conscious state after surgery and unable to speak because of the injury to the throat.
She was shifted to the hospital here on August 22 from the Capital Hospital at Bhubaneswar after her condition deteriorated.
The 16-year-old tribal girl was raped at her home village of Kandhamirigi in Khandapada police station area and family members found her lying in a pool of blood due the stab wound in her throat, at a deserted place, police sources said.
The incident has triggered public outcry across the state.
After the Pipili gang-rape and murder at Puri district in November 2012, back-to-back similar incidents were reported from Konark, Mahakalpada and Salia Sahi in Bhubaneswar and now at Khandapada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic