Koraput: 25 kg of explosives found
Koraput: About 25 kg of
explosives planted by Maoists was recovered in Orissa`s
Koraput district by security personnel, police said on Wednesday.
The recovery was made at Laxmipur, about 60 km from
here, yesterday, ahead of the `martyrs` week` planned by the
rebels from tomorrow.
The explosives, weighing about 25 kg, was placed in a
steel container in a bush apparently targeting security forces
engaged in anti-Maoist operations, Laxmipur sub-divisional
police officer Y J Rao said.
The spot where the explosive filled container was
found is close to the local court and a BSF camp, he said.
Intensive search operation was conducted as there
could be more explosives in the area.
Security personnel have also stepped up patrolling
throughout the Maoist-infested Koraput district, mainly
Narayanpatna, Bandhugaon, Laxmipur and Baipariguda areas, in
view of the martyrs` week during which the ultras pay homage
to their dead companions every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed