Koraput: 25 kg of explosives found
Koraput: About 25 kg of
explosives planted by Maoists was recovered in Orissa`s
Koraput district by security personnel, police said on Wednesday.
The recovery was made at Laxmipur, about 60 km from
here, yesterday, ahead of the `martyrs` week` planned by the
rebels from tomorrow.
The explosives, weighing about 25 kg, was placed in a
steel container in a bush apparently targeting security forces
engaged in anti-Maoist operations, Laxmipur sub-divisional
police officer Y J Rao said.
The spot where the explosive filled container was
found is close to the local court and a BSF camp, he said.
Intensive search operation was conducted as there
could be more explosives in the area.
Security personnel have also stepped up patrolling
throughout the Maoist-infested Koraput district, mainly
Narayanpatna, Bandhugaon, Laxmipur and Baipariguda areas, in
view of the martyrs` week during which the ultras pay homage
to their dead companions every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar