Koraput: 25 kg of explosives found
Koraput: About 25 kg of
explosives planted by Maoists was recovered in Orissa`s
Koraput district by security personnel, police said on Wednesday.
The recovery was made at Laxmipur, about 60 km from
here, yesterday, ahead of the `martyrs` week` planned by the
rebels from tomorrow.
The explosives, weighing about 25 kg, was placed in a
steel container in a bush apparently targeting security forces
engaged in anti-Maoist operations, Laxmipur sub-divisional
police officer Y J Rao said.
The spot where the explosive filled container was
found is close to the local court and a BSF camp, he said.
Intensive search operation was conducted as there
could be more explosives in the area.
Security personnel have also stepped up patrolling
throughout the Maoist-infested Koraput district, mainly
Narayanpatna, Bandhugaon, Laxmipur and Baipariguda areas, in
view of the martyrs` week during which the ultras pay homage
to their dead companions every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL