Koraput women oppose anti-maoist operation
Koraput (Orissa): Tribal women on Thursday took
out a rally at Maoist-hit Narayanpatna in Orissa`s Koraput
district in protest against proposed special joint anti-Maoist
operations in the area.
"Tribals residing in the forests will suffer from the
anti-Maoist operations. They will be branded as Maoist
supporters and targeted by security forces," the protestors,
under the banner of the Biplabi Adivasi Mahila Sangha (BAMS)
The tribals also put up posters at several places in
the district urging the state administration to refrain from
such an operation.
The protestors handed over a memorandum to officials
at the Narayanpatna block office.
The rally was peaceful, police sources said.
This was the second anti-operation rally in the state.
Earlier, tribals in neighbouring Malkangiri district
had also opposed the government`s plan to launch anti-Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof