Landmine seized in Odisha`s Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A powerful landmine planted on a road by Maoists was seized by security personnel in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
The explosive device was found between Kotagada and Srirampur on Friday while the security men were returning after a combing operation in forests, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of G Udayagiri, Sesadeba Bariah said.
The landmine was defused.
Altogether nine explosive devices including landmines and tiffin bombs were seized from Baliguda sub-division from Maoist-affected district in the last one year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray