Landmine seized in Odisha`s Kandhamal
Phulbani (Odisha): A powerful landmine planted on a road by Maoists was seized by security personnel in Odisha`s Kandhamal district.
The explosive device was found between Kotagada and Srirampur on Friday while the security men were returning after a combing operation in forests, Sub-Divisional Police Officer of G Udayagiri, Sesadeba Bariah said.
The landmine was defused.
Altogether nine explosive devices including landmines and tiffin bombs were seized from Baliguda sub-division from Maoist-affected district in the last one year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing