Landmines found in Orissa
Berhampur: Three landmines and
25 detonators planted by the Maoists were on Monday unearthed by
the police in Orissa`s Ganjam district.
During a combing operation, a bomb disposal squad
defused the explosives weighing around 50 kg and 25 detonators
near Barada village, located about 15 km from Baragada, said
SP (Ganjam) Nitinjit Singh.
Before the Republic Day celebrations on Wednesday,
police suspect the Maoists might have planned any major
incident targeting police vehicles in the district.
The combing operation was launched in the area in a
strategic manner by the police after the ultras had raided the
camp of a contractor constructing the road under the Pradhan
Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and recently torched at least
five vehicles, which were used in the construction work at
Barada and Merikote last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump