Landmines found in Orissa
Berhampur: Three landmines and
25 detonators planted by the Maoists were on Monday unearthed by
the police in Orissa`s Ganjam district.
During a combing operation, a bomb disposal squad
defused the explosives weighing around 50 kg and 25 detonators
near Barada village, located about 15 km from Baragada, said
SP (Ganjam) Nitinjit Singh.
Before the Republic Day celebrations on Wednesday,
police suspect the Maoists might have planned any major
incident targeting police vehicles in the district.
The combing operation was launched in the area in a
strategic manner by the police after the ultras had raided the
camp of a contractor constructing the road under the Pradhan
Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and recently torched at least
five vehicles, which were used in the construction work at
Barada and Merikote last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta