Landmines found in Orissa
Berhampur: Three landmines and
25 detonators planted by the Maoists were on Monday unearthed by
the police in Orissa`s Ganjam district.
During a combing operation, a bomb disposal squad
defused the explosives weighing around 50 kg and 25 detonators
near Barada village, located about 15 km from Baragada, said
SP (Ganjam) Nitinjit Singh.
Before the Republic Day celebrations on Wednesday,
police suspect the Maoists might have planned any major
incident targeting police vehicles in the district.
The combing operation was launched in the area in a
strategic manner by the police after the ultras had raided the
camp of a contractor constructing the road under the Pradhan
Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and recently torched at least
five vehicles, which were used in the construction work at
Barada and Merikote last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read