Lawyers` hunger strike enters fifth day in Orissa
Rayagada: The relay hunger strike
launched by lawyers in front of the civil court here demanding
setting up of a District and Sessions Judge Court here has
entered the fifth day on Monday.
"The strike will continue till our only demand has
been fulfilled", Y Krishna Rao, President of the Rayagada
District Bar Association, spearheading the agitation said.
Though Rayagada was declared a revenue district in
1992, a District Judge Court has not yet been established
while the same has been functioning in other districts of the
state following creation of new districts in Odisha few years
Leaders of different political parties irrespective of
their party affiliation, trade union leaders and trader
associations have also extended their support to the lawyers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM