Lawyers` hunger strike enters fifth day in Orissa
Rayagada: The relay hunger strike
launched by lawyers in front of the civil court here demanding
setting up of a District and Sessions Judge Court here has
entered the fifth day on Monday.
"The strike will continue till our only demand has
been fulfilled", Y Krishna Rao, President of the Rayagada
District Bar Association, spearheading the agitation said.
Though Rayagada was declared a revenue district in
1992, a District Judge Court has not yet been established
while the same has been functioning in other districts of the
state following creation of new districts in Odisha few years
Leaders of different political parties irrespective of
their party affiliation, trade union leaders and trader
associations have also extended their support to the lawyers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY