Local BJD leader shot dead by suspected Maoist
Rourkela: A local BJD leader and businessman was gunned down by suspected Maoists in Rangangpur area of Odisha`s Sundargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The bullet-riddled body of Hardeep Singh, a resident of Kansbahal who had been taken away from his house by some people last night, was found near Bilegarh this morning, sub-divisional police officer S Panigrahi said.
"His body was found lying near Bilegarh with gunshot marks," he said.
Besides, a hand written poster was found from the spot which claimed that People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was responsible for the killing, Panigrahi said?
While PLFI claims itself to be a Maoist outfit, police officers say it is actually a criminal group based in Gumla.
A few days ago, both the Rourkela and Sundergarh police in separate operations busted a major network of the organisation and arrested some of its major masterminds, including Arjun Thakur from Rourkela and Dhanjaya Bhuyan from Kuanrmunda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi