Local BJD leader shot dead by suspected Maoist
Rourkela: A local BJD leader and businessman was gunned down by suspected Maoists in Rangangpur area of Odisha`s Sundargarh district, police said on Sunday.
The bullet-riddled body of Hardeep Singh, a resident of Kansbahal who had been taken away from his house by some people last night, was found near Bilegarh this morning, sub-divisional police officer S Panigrahi said.
"His body was found lying near Bilegarh with gunshot marks," he said.
Besides, a hand written poster was found from the spot which claimed that People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was responsible for the killing, Panigrahi said?
While PLFI claims itself to be a Maoist outfit, police officers say it is actually a criminal group based in Gumla.
A few days ago, both the Rourkela and Sundergarh police in separate operations busted a major network of the organisation and arrested some of its major masterminds, including Arjun Thakur from Rourkela and Dhanjaya Bhuyan from Kuanrmunda.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay