Looting of cash during transit mounts in Cuttack
Cuttack: Looting of cash in Cuttack city
during transit in broad daylight seems to have taken the sheen out of the urban police department (UPD) that was set up to
curb organised crime in Cuttack-Bhubaneswar twin cities.
In latest incidents, at least Rs 5 lakh was looted in
two separate incidents in Cuttack yesterday in broad daylight.
This is the fourth such incident during last the four months,
out of which none has been solved.
According to complaints filed in Cuttack Sadar and
Badambadi police stations, the looting incidents took place in
30 minute interval between 1.30 and 2 pm.
While a courier agent was attacked and robbed of Rs 3
lakh at Nuagada on the outskirts of the city, a chartered
accountant firm employee was the second victim, who was robbed
of Rs 2 lakh.
Bijay Kumar of a courier agency was carrying the
amount and was on his way on a motor cycle to a jeweller shop
in the city with one of his friends when three persons coming
in another bike intercepted them. The miscreants took away the
booty after attacking Bijay who is now hospitalised with
severe head and hand injuries.
Similarly, in another incident of the day, Ranjit Sen
of a city-based chartered accountant firm was on his way to
his office after withdrawing the amount from a Badambadi-based
private bank. Two unidentified persons intercepted Sen who was
cycling his way to his office located in Bangali Sahi area and
decamped with the booty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed