Balasore (Orissa): A major disaster was averted on Friday as a fire broke out inside the premises of Indian Oil Corporation`s (IOC) LPG bottling plant near here, plant sources said.
However, due to alertness of of the plant security
staff, the fire could be controlled in time, plant manager
Chandan Bisai said,
"Fire broke out because of some electrical sparking
from a private construction site close to the plant. Under the
impact of the spark, the nearby grass and bushes caught fire
which gradually spread to the buffer zone of the plant," he
The fire was controlled within 10 minutes and there
was no damage, he said.
He further said that they had requested the district
administration to ensure that no private construction or
garage should be allowed within 500 meters of the plant as
per the rule.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service to control
fire, the sources said.