Man arrested for obstructing vehicle of Justice Panigrahi
Berhampur (Orissa): One person was arrested
for allegedly obstructing the vehicle of Justice Basudev
Panigrahi, heading the commission probing Kandhamal riots of
December, 2007, near Kodala in Ganjam district on Sunday, police
A flutter was created as Sudarshan Sahu of Mathura
village had obstructed the vehicle of Justice Panigrahi by
running in front of it.
The incident took place when Justice Panigrahi was on
way to Baliguda in Kandhamal via Aska to hold the camp court
from August 2 to 7, said Superintendent of Police, Ganjam,
Aska in Ganjam district is the native place of Justice
The SP said the person was caught by the escort party
as he was about to pass in front of the running vehicle. He
was handed over to the police at the nearby Kodala police
station where he was arrested, he said.
The behaviour of the person appeared to be abnormal
and he could not spell out his motive behind running before
the moving vehicle.
No one was, however, hurt in the incident though the
driver of Justice Panigrahi`s vehicle had to apply sudden
brake when Sahu came in front, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply