Man booked for objectionable Facebook post
Bhubaneswar: A 23-year-old man in Odisha`s Sundergarh district was booked for posting objectionable content on social networking site Facebook, police said on Tuesday.
The man, who runs a small business at the steel city of Rourkela, about 500 km from here, allegedly made some objectionable remarks in his post against Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
A case was registered after some residents spotted the post and informed the police, Arun Swain, in charge of the local police station, told a news agency.
Further investigation is on, he said.
The man has been accused of promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feelings, Swain added.
Another man was arrested in the same town last month for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook and also circulating it among his friends.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!