Man booked for objectionable Facebook post
Bhubaneswar: A 23-year-old man in Odisha`s Sundergarh district was booked for posting objectionable content on social networking site Facebook, police said on Tuesday.
The man, who runs a small business at the steel city of Rourkela, about 500 km from here, allegedly made some objectionable remarks in his post against Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
A case was registered after some residents spotted the post and informed the police, Arun Swain, in charge of the local police station, told a news agency.
Further investigation is on, he said.
The man has been accused of promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feelings, Swain added.
Another man was arrested in the same town last month for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook and also circulating it among his friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say