Man booked for objectionable Facebook post
Bhubaneswar: A 23-year-old man in Odisha`s Sundergarh district was booked for posting objectionable content on social networking site Facebook, police said on Tuesday.
The man, who runs a small business at the steel city of Rourkela, about 500 km from here, allegedly made some objectionable remarks in his post against Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
A case was registered after some residents spotted the post and informed the police, Arun Swain, in charge of the local police station, told a news agency.
Further investigation is on, he said.
The man has been accused of promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feelings, Swain added.
Another man was arrested in the same town last month for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook and also circulating it among his friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit