Man booked for objectionable Facebook post
Bhubaneswar: A 23-year-old man in Odisha`s Sundergarh district was booked for posting objectionable content on social networking site Facebook, police said on Tuesday.
The man, who runs a small business at the steel city of Rourkela, about 500 km from here, allegedly made some objectionable remarks in his post against Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
A case was registered after some residents spotted the post and informed the police, Arun Swain, in charge of the local police station, told a news agency.
Further investigation is on, he said.
The man has been accused of promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feelings, Swain added.
Another man was arrested in the same town last month for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook and also circulating it among his friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country