Man detained for human sacrifice
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old self-proclaimed godman was detained for questioning in Orissa after villagers complained that he had killed a three-year-old boy in a human sacrifice, police said on Monday.
Ganeswara Patabandha, a resident of Sundhola village, about 400 km from here, was detained Sunday after the villagers alleged he killed the boy Oct 26 for monetary gain.
Police inspector Trilochan Sethi said the boy, Anirudha Dal, was allegedly found in a village well during a search by the residents.
According to the villagers, the boy`s left leg little finger was chopped off and the tongue had turned black.
The residents caught hold of Patabandha as he was found to be practicing black magic in the area.
"They handed him to the police on Sunday after he allegedly confessed his crime before a village committee," Sethi told a news agency.
"Prima facie evidence is against Patabandha. He is being interrogated for further evidence" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head