Man detained for human sacrifice
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old self-proclaimed godman was detained for questioning in Orissa after villagers complained that he had killed a three-year-old boy in a human sacrifice, police said on Monday.
Ganeswara Patabandha, a resident of Sundhola village, about 400 km from here, was detained Sunday after the villagers alleged he killed the boy Oct 26 for monetary gain.
Police inspector Trilochan Sethi said the boy, Anirudha Dal, was allegedly found in a village well during a search by the residents.
According to the villagers, the boy`s left leg little finger was chopped off and the tongue had turned black.
The residents caught hold of Patabandha as he was found to be practicing black magic in the area.
"They handed him to the police on Sunday after he allegedly confessed his crime before a village committee," Sethi told a news agency.
"Prima facie evidence is against Patabandha. He is being interrogated for further evidence" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today