Man detained for human sacrifice
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old self-proclaimed godman was detained for questioning in Orissa after villagers complained that he had killed a three-year-old boy in a human sacrifice, police said on Monday.
Ganeswara Patabandha, a resident of Sundhola village, about 400 km from here, was detained Sunday after the villagers alleged he killed the boy Oct 26 for monetary gain.
Police inspector Trilochan Sethi said the boy, Anirudha Dal, was allegedly found in a village well during a search by the residents.
According to the villagers, the boy`s left leg little finger was chopped off and the tongue had turned black.
The residents caught hold of Patabandha as he was found to be practicing black magic in the area.
"They handed him to the police on Sunday after he allegedly confessed his crime before a village committee," Sethi told a news agency.
"Prima facie evidence is against Patabandha. He is being interrogated for further evidence" he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata