Man detained for human sacrifice
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old self-proclaimed godman was detained for questioning in Orissa after villagers complained that he had killed a three-year-old boy in a human sacrifice, police said on Monday.
Ganeswara Patabandha, a resident of Sundhola village, about 400 km from here, was detained Sunday after the villagers alleged he killed the boy Oct 26 for monetary gain.
Police inspector Trilochan Sethi said the boy, Anirudha Dal, was allegedly found in a village well during a search by the residents.
According to the villagers, the boy`s left leg little finger was chopped off and the tongue had turned black.
The residents caught hold of Patabandha as he was found to be practicing black magic in the area.
"They handed him to the police on Sunday after he allegedly confessed his crime before a village committee," Sethi told a news agency.
"Prima facie evidence is against Patabandha. He is being interrogated for further evidence" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city