Man gets 10 years imprisonment for raping minor
Berhampur: A man was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for ten years by a court for raping a minor girl in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge, Berhampur Khirod Kumar Das yesterday convicted Lingaraj Nayak of Nimakahandi village and fined him Rs 5000 or an additional six months RI for raping the 12-year-old girl about four years ago.
Altogether 14 witnesses deposed in the trial.
According to prosecution, Nayak raped the girl for five days after luring her from a folk dance programme at Nimakahandi village before she was rescued by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre