Man gets 10 years imprisonment for raping minor
Berhampur: A man was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for ten years by a court for raping a minor girl in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge, Berhampur Khirod Kumar Das yesterday convicted Lingaraj Nayak of Nimakahandi village and fined him Rs 5000 or an additional six months RI for raping the 12-year-old girl about four years ago.
Altogether 14 witnesses deposed in the trial.
According to prosecution, Nayak raped the girl for five days after luring her from a folk dance programme at Nimakahandi village before she was rescued by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you