Man gets 10 years imprisonment for raping minor
Berhampur: A man was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for ten years by a court for raping a minor girl in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge, Berhampur Khirod Kumar Das yesterday convicted Lingaraj Nayak of Nimakahandi village and fined him Rs 5000 or an additional six months RI for raping the 12-year-old girl about four years ago.
Altogether 14 witnesses deposed in the trial.
According to prosecution, Nayak raped the girl for five days after luring her from a folk dance programme at Nimakahandi village before she was rescued by the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?