Man gets 10 years imprisonment for raping minor
Berhampur: A man was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for ten years by a court for raping a minor girl in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge, Berhampur Khirod Kumar Das yesterday convicted Lingaraj Nayak of Nimakahandi village and fined him Rs 5000 or an additional six months RI for raping the 12-year-old girl about four years ago.
Altogether 14 witnesses deposed in the trial.
According to prosecution, Nayak raped the girl for five days after luring her from a folk dance programme at Nimakahandi village before she was rescued by the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan