Man gets 10 years imprisonment for raping minor
Berhampur: A man was sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for ten years by a court for raping a minor girl in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Assistant Sessions Judge, Berhampur Khirod Kumar Das yesterday convicted Lingaraj Nayak of Nimakahandi village and fined him Rs 5000 or an additional six months RI for raping the 12-year-old girl about four years ago.
Altogether 14 witnesses deposed in the trial.
According to prosecution, Nayak raped the girl for five days after luring her from a folk dance programme at Nimakahandi village before she was rescued by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love