Man gets death penalty for rape and murder of minor girl in Odisha
Sambalpur: A man was on Thursday given death penalty by a fast track court for rape and murder of a three-year-old girl in Sambalpur district.
Additional district judge (fast track) Ashok Kumar Panda ordered that Thidu Munda of Budhiapalli village be hanged to death for murdering the girl after holding him guilty under Sec 302 of IPC.
The court also gave him life imprisonment under Sec 376(F)(2) of IPC for raping a minor girl.
On January 11, the court had convicted Munda in the rape and murder case. It took barely four months to dispose the gruesome case.
Munda had lured the tribal girl by offering food and raped and killed her on October 4 last year. Her body was found in a jungle seven days after the incident. Munda, who is separated from his wife, was arrested from Jharsuguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?