Man held for posting morphed photo of Odisha minister
Bhubaneswar: A 29-year-old man in Odisha has been arrested for allegedly posting several morphed, "obscene" photographs and videos of a state minister and a girl on different websites, an official said on Friday.
The accused, Siddharth Sankar Pati, a resident of Jeypore town in Koraput district, about 520 km from here, was arrested Thursday. He allegedly doctored the photographs and videos of state Minister for Mass Education Rabi Narayan Nanda and a girl and posted them on various websites a few months ago.
Supporters of the minister were aghast to find the images. The minister lodged a police complaint Feb 22.
"We found prima facie evidence against the accused and arrested him," a police officer of the state`s lone cyber crime police station at Cuttack told a news agency.
This is also the first cyber crime case reported in the state this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US