Man held for posting morphed photo of Odisha minister
Bhubaneswar: A 29-year-old man in Odisha has been arrested for allegedly posting several morphed, "obscene" photographs and videos of a state minister and a girl on different websites, an official said on Friday.
The accused, Siddharth Sankar Pati, a resident of Jeypore town in Koraput district, about 520 km from here, was arrested Thursday. He allegedly doctored the photographs and videos of state Minister for Mass Education Rabi Narayan Nanda and a girl and posted them on various websites a few months ago.
Supporters of the minister were aghast to find the images. The minister lodged a police complaint Feb 22.
"We found prima facie evidence against the accused and arrested him," a police officer of the state`s lone cyber crime police station at Cuttack told a news agency.
This is also the first cyber crime case reported in the state this year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre