Man held for posting objectionable photo on Facebook
Bhubaneswar: A man has been arrested in Odisha for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook, police said Saturday.
Pintu Sahu, 26, allegedly posted the picture a few days ago and also circulated it among his friends. He runs a computer shop in Rourkela, around 515 km from here.
Police launched a probe on its own after the news related to the post began circulating in the city, Additional District Superintendent of Police Sudarsan Sethi told a news agency.
Police scanned the computer of the accused and found the picture on his desktop.
He was taken into custody Friday after he admitted to the crime, said Sethi.
Sahu has been arrested on multiple charges including for promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feeling of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’