Man held for posting objectionable photo on Facebook
Bhubaneswar: A man has been arrested in Odisha for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook, police said Saturday.
Pintu Sahu, 26, allegedly posted the picture a few days ago and also circulated it among his friends. He runs a computer shop in Rourkela, around 515 km from here.
Police launched a probe on its own after the news related to the post began circulating in the city, Additional District Superintendent of Police Sudarsan Sethi told a news agency.
Police scanned the computer of the accused and found the picture on his desktop.
He was taken into custody Friday after he admitted to the crime, said Sethi.
Sahu has been arrested on multiple charges including for promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feeling of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves