Man held for posting objectionable photo on Facebook
Bhubaneswar: A man has been arrested in Odisha for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook, police said Saturday.
Pintu Sahu, 26, allegedly posted the picture a few days ago and also circulated it among his friends. He runs a computer shop in Rourkela, around 515 km from here.
Police launched a probe on its own after the news related to the post began circulating in the city, Additional District Superintendent of Police Sudarsan Sethi told a news agency.
Police scanned the computer of the accused and found the picture on his desktop.
He was taken into custody Friday after he admitted to the crime, said Sethi.
Sahu has been arrested on multiple charges including for promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feeling of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"