Man held for posting objectionable photo on Facebook
Bhubaneswar: A man has been arrested in Odisha for posting a `distorted` picture of a religious place of a particular community on Facebook, police said Saturday.
Pintu Sahu, 26, allegedly posted the picture a few days ago and also circulated it among his friends. He runs a computer shop in Rourkela, around 515 km from here.
Police launched a probe on its own after the news related to the post began circulating in the city, Additional District Superintendent of Police Sudarsan Sethi told a news agency.
Police scanned the computer of the accused and found the picture on his desktop.
He was taken into custody Friday after he admitted to the crime, said Sethi.
Sahu has been arrested on multiple charges including for promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion and making deliberate attempt to outrage the religious feeling of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand