Man jailed for raping physically challenged girl
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a physically challenged girl, near here four years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge SK Mohapatra, while convicting Sanjeet Kumar Behera yesterday for raping the polio-afflicted girl, also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000.
According to the prosecution, Sanjeet had invited three girls to his house for dinner at Sudrukumpa village on April 12, 2008 under Phulbani sadar police station area on the occasion of `Danda Yatra` festival.
After dinner two girls left his house and the third one (a Polio patient) was asked to stay back for sometime by the convict on certain pretext.
An FIR was lodged by the mother of the victim with Phulbani sadar police the next day, a case registered and Behera chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets