Man jailed for raping physically challenged girl
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a physically challenged girl, near here four years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge SK Mohapatra, while convicting Sanjeet Kumar Behera yesterday for raping the polio-afflicted girl, also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000.
According to the prosecution, Sanjeet had invited three girls to his house for dinner at Sudrukumpa village on April 12, 2008 under Phulbani sadar police station area on the occasion of `Danda Yatra` festival.
After dinner two girls left his house and the third one (a Polio patient) was asked to stay back for sometime by the convict on certain pretext.
An FIR was lodged by the mother of the victim with Phulbani sadar police the next day, a case registered and Behera chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test