Man jailed for raping physically challenged girl
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a physically challenged girl, near here four years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge SK Mohapatra, while convicting Sanjeet Kumar Behera yesterday for raping the polio-afflicted girl, also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000.
According to the prosecution, Sanjeet had invited three girls to his house for dinner at Sudrukumpa village on April 12, 2008 under Phulbani sadar police station area on the occasion of `Danda Yatra` festival.
After dinner two girls left his house and the third one (a Polio patient) was asked to stay back for sometime by the convict on certain pretext.
An FIR was lodged by the mother of the victim with Phulbani sadar police the next day, a case registered and Behera chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video