Man jailed for raping physically challenged girl
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a physically challenged girl, near here four years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge SK Mohapatra, while convicting Sanjeet Kumar Behera yesterday for raping the polio-afflicted girl, also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000.
According to the prosecution, Sanjeet had invited three girls to his house for dinner at Sudrukumpa village on April 12, 2008 under Phulbani sadar police station area on the occasion of `Danda Yatra` festival.
After dinner two girls left his house and the third one (a Polio patient) was asked to stay back for sometime by the convict on certain pretext.
An FIR was lodged by the mother of the victim with Phulbani sadar police the next day, a case registered and Behera chargesheeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port