Man jailed for raping physically challenged girl
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years` imprisonment for raping a physically challenged girl, near here four years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge SK Mohapatra, while convicting Sanjeet Kumar Behera yesterday for raping the polio-afflicted girl, also imposed a penalty of Rs 1,000.
According to the prosecution, Sanjeet had invited three girls to his house for dinner at Sudrukumpa village on April 12, 2008 under Phulbani sadar police station area on the occasion of `Danda Yatra` festival.
After dinner two girls left his house and the third one (a Polio patient) was asked to stay back for sometime by the convict on certain pretext.
An FIR was lodged by the mother of the victim with Phulbani sadar police the next day, a case registered and Behera chargesheeted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!