Man kills daughter after quarrel with wife in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A man in Odisha killed his five-year-old daughter and critically injured three family members after a quarrel with his wife, police said Monday.
Subodh Sahu, 37, allegedly hacked his daughter Simran to death and critically injured his wife, sister-in-law and niece with a dagger in a rented house in old town area here Sunday.
After the crime, he attempted to commit suicide by consuming poison and hanging himself from a ceiling fan but was rescued by his neighbours, Rashmi Ranjan Sahoo, inspector in-charge of Airfield police station told IANS.
Subodh works in Keonjhar district. His daughter, wife, father, brother and other family members were staying in the rented house in the state capital.
Although, the exact reason behind the crime has not been ascertained, Subodh allegedly had a quarrel with his wife before the crime. She wanted to separate from his family and stay in another house with her daughter, police said.
Subodh was not in favour of the proposal as it will increase financial burden on him. All the injured including the accused are undergoing treatment in a hospital, said police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket