Man kills daughter after quarrel with wife in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A man in Odisha killed his five-year-old daughter and critically injured three family members after a quarrel with his wife, police said Monday.
Subodh Sahu, 37, allegedly hacked his daughter Simran to death and critically injured his wife, sister-in-law and niece with a dagger in a rented house in old town area here Sunday.
After the crime, he attempted to commit suicide by consuming poison and hanging himself from a ceiling fan but was rescued by his neighbours, Rashmi Ranjan Sahoo, inspector in-charge of Airfield police station told IANS.
Subodh works in Keonjhar district. His daughter, wife, father, brother and other family members were staying in the rented house in the state capital.
Although, the exact reason behind the crime has not been ascertained, Subodh allegedly had a quarrel with his wife before the crime. She wanted to separate from his family and stay in another house with her daughter, police said.
Subodh was not in favour of the proposal as it will increase financial burden on him. All the injured including the accused are undergoing treatment in a hospital, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000