Man kills daughter in Odisha for delay in food
Bhubaneswar: A 19-year-old woman was killed by her father in Odisha as she was late in serving food to him, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon at Odanga village in Jajpur district, about 60 km from here. The accused was arrested after a neighbour registered a complaint, a police official said.
Sudarsan Ojha, 55, returned home from work and asked her daughter Sanjukta to serve him food. Enraged by a delay, he hurled a sharp weapon at her that killed her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed