Man kills wife in Odisha over delay in serving tea
Bhubaneshwar: A 56-year-old-man killed his wife in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district as she delayed serving him tea, police said Friday.
The incident took place Wednesday at Guhalipal village, about 110 km from Bhubaneswar but came to light after police arrested the man a day later.
The trouble started Monday morning when accused Mahalia Nayak asked his wife Jhana, one year younger to him, to serve him tea. Enraged by the delay, he had a heated argument with her, investigating officer Dasarathi Nath told IANS.
The trouble intensified when the man continued to argue with his wife after she refused to cook and serve him food, he said.
Nayak raised the issue Wednesday night and killed her with a sharp weapon, Nath said.
Police have arrested Nayak after he confessed to the crime, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday