Man kills wife in Odisha over delay in serving tea
Bhubaneshwar: A 56-year-old-man killed his wife in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district as she delayed serving him tea, police said Friday.
The incident took place Wednesday at Guhalipal village, about 110 km from Bhubaneswar but came to light after police arrested the man a day later.
The trouble started Monday morning when accused Mahalia Nayak asked his wife Jhana, one year younger to him, to serve him tea. Enraged by the delay, he had a heated argument with her, investigating officer Dasarathi Nath told IANS.
The trouble intensified when the man continued to argue with his wife after she refused to cook and serve him food, he said.
Nayak raised the issue Wednesday night and killed her with a sharp weapon, Nath said.
Police have arrested Nayak after he confessed to the crime, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter