Man kills wife in Odisha over delay in serving tea
Bhubaneshwar: A 56-year-old-man killed his wife in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district as she delayed serving him tea, police said Friday.
The incident took place Wednesday at Guhalipal village, about 110 km from Bhubaneswar but came to light after police arrested the man a day later.
The trouble started Monday morning when accused Mahalia Nayak asked his wife Jhana, one year younger to him, to serve him tea. Enraged by the delay, he had a heated argument with her, investigating officer Dasarathi Nath told IANS.
The trouble intensified when the man continued to argue with his wife after she refused to cook and serve him food, he said.
Nayak raised the issue Wednesday night and killed her with a sharp weapon, Nath said.
Police have arrested Nayak after he confessed to the crime, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience