Man kills wife in Odisha over delay in serving tea
Bhubaneshwar: A 56-year-old-man killed his wife in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district as she delayed serving him tea, police said Friday.
The incident took place Wednesday at Guhalipal village, about 110 km from Bhubaneswar but came to light after police arrested the man a day later.
The trouble started Monday morning when accused Mahalia Nayak asked his wife Jhana, one year younger to him, to serve him tea. Enraged by the delay, he had a heated argument with her, investigating officer Dasarathi Nath told IANS.
The trouble intensified when the man continued to argue with his wife after she refused to cook and serve him food, he said.
Nayak raised the issue Wednesday night and killed her with a sharp weapon, Nath said.
Police have arrested Nayak after he confessed to the crime, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?