Man lynched after hacking two minor girls to death
Rourkela: A man allegedly hacked to death two minor girls after which he was lynched by irate villagers at Gidei village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, police said on Sunday.
Laxman Munda (35) of Dudita village had been to his sister’s place at Gidei. Munda, said to be mentally unstable, suddenly attacked the two girls with an axe last evening, killing them on the spot, they said.
Angry over the killing of the girls - Laxmi Munda (5) and Rashmi Munda (8) - residents of the village converged at the site of the crime, caught hold of Laxman and gave him a severe thrashing.
On getting information about the incident, police reached the spot and took the accused to Koira primary health centre for treatment. However, Laxman succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, sub-divisional police officer Amaresh Panda said.
He said Laxman was described by locals as a mentally challenged person and there was no specific reason for which he attacked the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?