Man lynched after hacking two minor girls to death
Rourkela: A man allegedly hacked to death two minor girls after which he was lynched by irate villagers at Gidei village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, police said on Sunday.
Laxman Munda (35) of Dudita village had been to his sister’s place at Gidei. Munda, said to be mentally unstable, suddenly attacked the two girls with an axe last evening, killing them on the spot, they said.
Angry over the killing of the girls - Laxmi Munda (5) and Rashmi Munda (8) - residents of the village converged at the site of the crime, caught hold of Laxman and gave him a severe thrashing.
On getting information about the incident, police reached the spot and took the accused to Koira primary health centre for treatment. However, Laxman succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, sub-divisional police officer Amaresh Panda said.
He said Laxman was described by locals as a mentally challenged person and there was no specific reason for which he attacked the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand