Man lynched after hacking two minor girls to death
Rourkela: A man allegedly hacked to death two minor girls after which he was lynched by irate villagers at Gidei village in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, police said on Sunday.
Laxman Munda (35) of Dudita village had been to his sister’s place at Gidei. Munda, said to be mentally unstable, suddenly attacked the two girls with an axe last evening, killing them on the spot, they said.
Angry over the killing of the girls - Laxmi Munda (5) and Rashmi Munda (8) - residents of the village converged at the site of the crime, caught hold of Laxman and gave him a severe thrashing.
On getting information about the incident, police reached the spot and took the accused to Koira primary health centre for treatment. However, Laxman succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, sub-divisional police officer Amaresh Panda said.
He said Laxman was described by locals as a mentally challenged person and there was no specific reason for which he attacked the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read