Man murders family, commits suicide in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 45-year-old man killed four members of his family before committing suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district early Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Ganda Barai village, about 265 km from here.
Srikrishna Mahanta killed his wife (40), daughter (16), son (14), and elder sister (50) with an axe while they were sleeping before setting himself and the bodies of his family members on fire, Baidyanath Sahu, a senior district police officer, told a news agency.
Although the reason behind the tragedy is yet to be ascertained, a prelimanary inquiry pointed out that the man doubted his wife`s integrity and was also upset over his daughter`s failure in the Class 10 board examinations, Sahu said.
"We have recovered all the five charred bodies and sent them for autopsy," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees