Man murders family, commits suicide in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A 45-year-old man killed four members of his family before committing suicide in Odisha`s Keonjhar district early Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place at Ganda Barai village, about 265 km from here.
Srikrishna Mahanta killed his wife (40), daughter (16), son (14), and elder sister (50) with an axe while they were sleeping before setting himself and the bodies of his family members on fire, Baidyanath Sahu, a senior district police officer, told a news agency.
Although the reason behind the tragedy is yet to be ascertained, a prelimanary inquiry pointed out that the man doubted his wife`s integrity and was also upset over his daughter`s failure in the Class 10 board examinations, Sahu said.
"We have recovered all the five charred bodies and sent them for autopsy," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump